Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Hot, Hot, Hot!

It has been scorching in Pittsburgh.  Way too hot to run after work which has become my habit lately.  My boss is Australian and she said that it actually feels like she is back home with this weather.  She was been in the U.S. for about 15 years and this is the very first time she's ever felt like that!


Monday morning's 60 minute run got pushed to Tuesday morning.  The morning was really cool and made perfect running weather.  I wore this pair of shorts that I hardly ever wear running and got chafed...but only on one leg.  It was kind of weird.  I ended up going about 5.7ish miles.  The route I ran has this killer hill.  I even hate walking up it.


Wednesday called for a speed workout.  2 minutes hard, 2 minutes easy.  I don't really like doing speed workouts on the road or a trail.  I have been going to the track.  I'm not really sure the policy of going to the track in the morning because school is in session now.  I know it is fine to go in the evening as long as there is no sporting event.  So the 'dread'mill it was.  I really hate running on the treadmill.  It bores me to tears and usually can't make it past a mile.  Well, I figured out the trick for staying on longer.  Intervals!  I did 7 sets of 2 minutes hard, 2 minutes easy.  For the hard I ran 7.0-7.1mph and the easy was 5.2-5.5mph.  My last easy was 4 minutes long and I completed 3.03miles in 30 minutes.


Does anyone else feel like their stride changes on the treadmill?  I noticed that mine did and worked really hard to make it more natural.  I felt like I was heel striking more.


I'm getting new shoes tonight!  Look at these bad boys!


Definitely need to get some new ones.  I have noticed that my left knee has started to twinge, which is what happened last year when I needed new shoes.


Gearing up for my 16 mile run/half marathon race this weekend!  Heading out for an easy 50 min run right now.  Happy Thursday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment