Pages

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

It's Official!!

I bought my plan ticket to Santa Barbara last night! It's really sinking in right now that I'm actually going to be running a marathon.


This past weekend, my husband and I were in Michigan for a family reunion. I ran 8 miles on Saturday around my parent's farm. It was a pretty great run. I finished in 1:20:31. The temperature was in the mid-60s and it was overcast. Perfect for a run...not so perfect for a family reunion.


I'm using a training plan I found in Women's Running magazine. It incorporates walking into the long runs. So I run for 9 minutes and walk for 1 minute for the designated mileage. For 8 miles it wasn't so important. But I think for the higher mileage it will be very beneficial mentally.


Confession: I'm supposed to run Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday.


Confession: I didn't run Monday or today.


But I believe that every training plan needs flexibility. I've been really busy with lab because I am submitting a grant that is due tomorrow. So my plan for this week is to run Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. We'll see how that goes. I haven't run four days in a row in...forever!




No comments:

Post a Comment