Pages

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Milestone, 3 Runs, and a Tip!


Milestone
So I have passed the 200 mile mark! On Thursday I hit 200 miles since May 23 (my anniversary). I wanted a Garmin Forerunner 305 for my birthday. My husband gave it to me about 3 weeks early on our anniversary.
3 Runs
Thursday I did 50 minutes, running 9 minutes, walking 1 minute.
Distance: 4.67mi
Thoughts: This run was pretty easy but I had a very spicy dinner. It kind of made my throat burn!
Friday I ran 50 minutes.
Distance: 4.78mi
Thoughts:  I went right after work because it was only in the mid 70s. The weather was awesome. The run was not! I even went to one of my favorite trails in Pittsburgh. If you haven't checked out the north side of the River trail, it is definitely worth it. I ran on Herr's Island which has ritzy condos and lots of government buildings dealing with water.
Saturday Long Run-9 miles. I really love my training plan because it incorporates walking. 9 minutes of running, 1 minute of walking. During the walking drink from my knock off camel bak. It works awesome.
Time: 1:30:14










Thoughts: This run was great. When I finished I felt like I could have kept going! I ran on the Montour Trail. The trailhead is about a 10 minute drive from our house. This is the view I have for the majority of the run.









I drank diluted Gatorade and had some Gummy Bears during this run. It worked out well. Definitely had enough energy for the whole run. I fueled before hand with a sandwich thin with peanut butter on one half and chocolate peanut butter on the other.
Well I have a busy day ahead of me. We are going to a wedding and I have a bunch of house work to do.
Oh and the Tip
Put deodorant on before your long runs!   

No comments:

Post a Comment