Pages

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Speedy!

Going to make this short and sweet so I can get to bed.

This morning I finished the second half of yesterday's 50 minute run.  It was cooler outside than in the evenings but just as humid.  It felt like I was running through pudding.  I don't know how I managed this but I ran 2.59 miles in 25 minutes.  I felt really sluggish but somehow my legs just wanted to go!

This evening I had a speed workout per my training plan.  On our menu for tonight was chicken wings (my husband and I plan out all of our meals two weeks in advance, go grocery shopping, then we don't have to figure out what's for dinner).  I knew a speed workout+chicken wings would =Katy feeling like crap.  So I had a peanut butter sandwich, watermelon, and water.  It ended up being the perfect fuel.  So here was the speed work:

Warm-up: 10 minutes
Repeat 6 times: 2 minutes fast, 2 minutes easy
Cool down: 10 minutes.
Distance: 4.29 miles

My husband and I went to the local high school track for this.  It was a lot of fun and I didn't have to worry about possibly getting hit by a car or something running around our house.

Let me just say that I will be glad when the weather is back in the 70s so I can run after work.

Off to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment